Science and Technology Parks are the perfect habitat for businesses
and institutions of the
global knowledge economy.
Science & Technology Parks promote the economic development and
regions and cities by:
• Creating new business opportunities and adding value to mature
• Fostering entrepreneurship and incubating new innovative
• Generating knowledge-based jobs
• Building attractive spaces for the emerging knowledge workers
• Enhancing the synergy between universities and companies.
General definition (IASP definition)
A science park is an organization managed by specialized
professionals, whose main aim is
to increase the wealth of its community by promoting the culture of innovation and the
competitiveness of its associated business and knowledge based institutions.
To enable these goals to be met, a Science Park simulates and manages
the flow of knowledge
and technology amongst universities, R&D institutions, companies and markets; it
facilitates the creation and growth of innovation-based companies through incubation and
spin-off processes; and provides other value added services together with high quality and